My Heart and Pray for Yogyakarta, Indonesia...

Yogyakarta on Highest Merapi Alert.

(AFP Photo/Clara Prima, via Jakarta Globe)
As some of you perhaps already know, Mount Merapi, in my city, Yogyakarta, has been continually erupting since October 26.

And on Thursday night and Friday Morning (Nov 4 and 5, 2010) the volcano is officially experiencing its worst eruptions in more than a century (according to the Volcanology and Geological Disaster Mitigation Agency), sending deadly heat clouds down its slopes, and volcanic material more than seven kilometers into the atmosphere .

You can see some pictures of Yogyakarta city after Merapi's worst eruption here.

According to Jakarta Globe, the deaths brought the toll to 122, with more than 150,000 people displaced. Indonesian President is currently in Yogyakarta until undecided time. "I have to be with the people there to assure them, as well as for quick decision-making", He said.

On the night when the eruption happened, my family and I experienced a tense night. We heard all the uninterupted explotion's sound from the Volcano for almost three hours and experienced the volcanic ash rain. Now, my city is covered by thick ash from the volcanic material, and we have to wear a mask, also hat and glasses if we want to go outside the house. Some of Yogyakarta people has left the city to avoid possible another eruption and from inhaling this volcanic material's ash. At some area in Yogyakarta, even the electricity must be shut down for a while.

My tears drop when I see all the people who suffer caused by this eruption. From the deepest of my heart I pray for Yogyakarta people, and Indonesia in general; And I really hope Merapi Volcano has no longer erupt and my city can recover quickly. Amiin.




Subscribe to Fashioning Faith
Follow with bloglovin

0 comments »

Sesini duyur!