Hijab For Sports

I'm always excited when it comes to sport hijab... when I heard a clothes-producing company or a designer launches a new model or design of modest sport-clothes or sports hijab... or, when there is an invention/innovation about it.

Modest swimwear, I think, is one of the big inventions/innovations for muslim women that makes me really happy. I embrace all new modest sport-clothes designs which can make us more and more comfort to do all of our physical/sporting activities.

Recently, Bahiya Collections has launched a new sport hijab, named Athletica Sports Hijab, made of organic cotton and bamboo materials, so, they said, it is absorbent and breathable.



I wonder how it would feel?

I also found a website that offers a variety of sports headwear, the name is Capsters. Capsters offers sports headwear that are suitable either for warm climate or for cold climate.
For warm climate type, from what they said, the materials are light, very soft, smooth, and breathable to keep your head cool. Light colors are available for warmer climate.

They also offer sports headwear depends on the sport. There are a tennis, aerobics, surf, swim, running, or outdoor headwear.

Type: Runner

Runner

 

Type: Team

Team
(Image via Capsters)

Check their complete collection here.

I have a hijab that looks like this one, and this is a kind of hijab that I'm wearing when I do my workout.

Another kind of sport hijab that I'd like to mention is the one that invented last year. On November 2009, an industrial designer from Montreal, Canada, Elham Seyed Javad designed a sleek sport hijab called Resport. It's a headscarf and camisole in one with an opening at the back of the head, allowing easy acces to readjust the hair. Resport is wore under the usual sports wear.

Read the story behind her invention here.














(Picture via The Star, photo courtesy of Peter McCabe/










Note: to be wore under long-sleeves sport wear
(Picture via Huffington Post

Resport will be available with short sleeves, long sleeves, and sleeveless. I think this one would be our future sports hijab. It looks practical and comfort, and I hope the materials are also breathable, so we wouldn't feel that we have this headwear on.

If I have to choose, judging from just their look and their description, I think I would choose Resport. It looks very comfortable to wear on sporting activities... What do you think?

What kind of sports hijab that you are used to or choose to wear?



Bookmark and Share

Subscribe to Fashioning Faith

0 comments »

Sesini duyur!